The award-winning LEGO Boost system will launch on August 1st and our American friends can pre-order theirs right now. LEGO Boost is a brand new build system which combines LEGO elements with robotics and a dash of coding to create a fully interactive LEGO set with masses of possibilities. Whatever you build can be brought to life with a companion app, that will teach builders the basics of coding, allowing them to bring LEGO Boost to life. Unfortunately LEGO Boost is currently only available to pre-order in the US. Check it out below.
17101: LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox
Combine the versatile LEGO® building system with advanced technology to boost your creativity with the awesome LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox. Download the free tablet app to your device and follow the step-by-step instructions to build and code any of the 5 multifunctional models. Experience Vernie the Robot—a moving and talking robot; the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4)—a robust, versatile rover with 4 different tool attachments including a spring-loaded shooter; the Guitar4000—a musical instrument with pitch bend and sound effects; Frankie the Cat—an interactive pet that plays, purrs and expresses its mood; or the AutoBuilder—an automated production line that really builds miniature LEGO models! Bring your creations to life with the app’s intuitive, icon-based coding interface and complete an array of exciting activities designed for each model. This set also includes a playmat for use with specific activities, and a LEGO BOOST wall poster! Please go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of all compatible devices.
- Includes over 840 LEGO® pieces, plus a LEGO Move Hub, Interactive Motor and a Color & Distance Sensor.
- Move Hub features Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, 2 encoded motors, activation button, internal tilt sensor and a light.
- Interactive Motor is an encoded motor.
- Color & Distance Sensor detects distance, motion and color, and can also function as a light.
- Check out the cool white, orange and blue color scheme.
- Rotate Vernie’s head to activate its shoulder-mounted spring-loaded shooter.
- Build the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) and try out the different tool and customization attachments to prepare the vehicle for an array of exciting activities.
- Learn how to play a song and rock out with the Guitar4000.
- Look after your own pet with Frankie the Cat. Be sure to feed it the right food—or it might get upset!
- Construct, code and operate the AutoBuilder to produce real miniature LEGO® models.
- Build and code robots and models, and complete exciting activities with the playmat and intuitive LEGO® BOOST app, available for iOS and Android tablet devices.
- Easy-to-use intuitive software with icon-based drag-and-drop coding interface.
- Building instructions for all 5 models are included with the free LEGO® BOOST app.
- This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices. Ask your parents’ permission.
- Vernie the robot standsover 10” (27cm) tall.
- M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) measures over 4” (12cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
- Guitar4000 measures over 1” (5cm) high, 16” (42cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide.
- Frankie the Cat stands over 6” (17cm) tall.
- The AutoBuilder measures over 10” (27cm) high, 7” (19cm) long and 6” (16cm) wide.
Award-Winning LEGO® BOOST Building and Coding Set Available for Online Preorder Today
– LEGO BOOST Lets Children Bring Their LEGO Creations to Life by Combining Programming and Play –
ENFIELD, Conn., June 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Today LEGO Systems Inc announced that LEGO® BOOST, a supercharged building and coding set that lets children bring their LEGO creations to life by adding movement, sound and personality, will be available for online preorder in the US. LEGO BOOST combines the endless play opportunities of a traditional LEGO set with a limitless variety of movement and sound capabilities made possible through an easy-to-use, app-based coding environment. First unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January 2017, LEGO BOOST is available at the suggested retail price of $159.99 (USD) from LEGO Shop at Home and other LEGO ecommerce partners. Pre-sale orders will begin shipping in late July giving LEGO fans who preorder the opportunity to be among the first to experience LEGO BOOST.
“We are incredibly honored by the excitement LEGO BOOST has generated since its introduction and are thrilled to be one step closer to putting it in the hands of the builders of tomorrow,” said Simon Kent, design lead for LEGO Group. “By combining physical play with a fun and easy coding experience, we are giving children even more ways to bring creativity to their playtime. We look forward to seeing the many ways this new offering will ‘boost’ their LEGO collections.”
LEGO BOOST introduces children to coding through a free downloadable app that contains the guidance, building instructions and simple coding commands to bring to life five LEGO creations, one at a time. Much like building with LEGO bricks, children build behaviors and actions by linking digital coding blocks in an easy-to-understand horizontal layout. To further personify the experience, LEGO BOOST lets children add voice recordings to their creations, adding personality without requiring spelling and typing. The app also includes more than 60 activities designed to inspire additional building, coding and play.
LEGO BOOST will be available at most stores and online shopping sites where toys are sold, through select consumer electronics retailers, and at LEGO Stores and shop.LEGO.com on August 1, 2017 and will have a suggested retail price of $159.99 USD, $159.99 (EUR) and $199.99 (CAD). For more information, visit www.LEGO.com/BOOST.
About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group is a privately held, family-owned company with headquarters in Billund, Denmark, and main offices in Enfield, USA, London, UK., Shanghai, China, and Singapore. Founded in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, and based on the iconic LEGO® brick, it is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of play materials. Guided by the company spirit: “Only the best is good enough”, the company is committed to the development of children and aims to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through creative play and learning. LEGO products are sold worldwide and can be virtually explored at www.LEGO.com.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure, and the brick and knob configuration are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2017 the LEGO Group.